It is important that children stay safe during Mardi Gras. This is a fun and exciting time for children. Communicate with your children so they know the rules and you know they’re safe.
- Stay with an adult - Always stay with an adult and don’t talk to strangers
- Don’t run - Never run in front of crowds or in the street to catch beads.
- Memorize phone numbers - Make sure you have memorized a cell phone number to call in case you get lost. If you are lost, look for a policeman or sheriff; give them your name and the phone number to call.
- Establish a designated meeting place - before you leave establish a meeting place between an adult and you in case you get separated.
- Submit address - Always submit an address of where you will be to the local Law Enforcement Sex Offender Database, thereby giving you the information of which houses or areas to avoid.
Click the image below to download a copy of our Mardi Gras Safety Tips!