It’s important that children stay safe while interacting in the internet community. Go over these tips with your children so they know the rules and you know they’re safe.
- Keep Your Personal Information Private: Never post your personal or school information on a blog, in a chat room, Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc...
- Don’t Respond if You’re Uncomfortable: Never write or respond to someone who has made you feel uncomfortable or scared.
- Tell Your Parents Immediately: Tell your parents immediately if you read anything on the internet that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Never Send a Picture of Yourself: Never send a picture of yourself to someone you correspond with on the computer without your parents’ permission.
- Never Meet With Someone: Never meet someone or allow them to visit you at or outside of your home without your parents’ permission.
- People May Not Be Who They Say They Are: Always remember that some people may not be who they say that are. Some people will describe themselves as a “12-year-old-girl”; however, they could really be an older man.
Click the image below to download this convenient checklist of tips for parents!